Thursday, May 7, 2009

Delicious

I started a Delicious account about three years ago and have not done much with it. I understand the benefits, positives, etc. I love anything with "tagging" because it shows that we all secretly want to be catalogers!

So, for this, the first thing I did was delete most of my old bookmarks.

Then I listened to the tutorial & read the habits.

I'm not sure how much I will lose Delicious; but I'm glad to get the reminder I have my account and to start thinking of how I can make it work for me and for work. I liked the reminder of how to use tags and also to see what other tags people are using.

What I will use this for personally? I only blog about a quarter of the things I think about blogging; sometimes I save a blog post on my bloglines account or send myself an email. Both of those end up getting clogged... maybe this may be a better tool to keep track of those interesting, inspiring things. Or to track writing opportunities.

For work, I would start an account under my work email account and probably use it to gather resources on work-related items (NFB, the Kindle2, etc.)

My account: http://delicious.com/LizzyBurns

No comments:

Post a Comment